Archive for lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Celebrating the music of Lindisfarne and the extended Lindisfarne family
 


       lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> THE MAIN MESSAGE BOARD
Kirsty

Reason To Be

Any one know where I can get a copy of this and run jimmy run
Mr Inbetween

Hi Kirsty,

My guess is that you're thinking of Finest Hour when you say Reason to Be?
          This will be our finest hour,
          Our raison d'etre
          Our reason to be

In which case, you can find both tracks on Buried Treasures Vol 1, provided you can find a copy of that!

Run Jimmy Run was also an extra track on the b-side of the 12" single of Lady Eleanor '88, the re-recording released that year which featured the addition of Marty's flute to the arrangement. I offer that with caution, because on the 12", it titles the track Lost in Space, rather than Run Jimmy Run, and I haven't played the two (12" and BT1) back to back to see if there are any differences. Sleeve notes on BT1 say that Run Jimmy Run was originally recorded in 1987, and remixed in 1992 (the year of BT1's release). That would mean the original may be the same version as used for the 1988 12", but there may be (subtle/significant?) differences when listening to the remix.

The other b-side track was Meet Me On The Corner, being the only b-side track on the 7" version.

The 1987 album C'Mon Everybody also had new versions of Lady Eleanor (with flute) and MMOTC, on what was side 4 of the LP. I have no idea if these are the same recordings used for the Lady Eleanor '88 single release, though it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe the single release was inspired by the new recordings made for C'mon?
Kirsty

Mr Inbetween wrote:
Hi Kirsty,

My guess is that you're thinking of Finest Hour when you say Reason to Be?
          This will be our finest hour,
          Our raison d'etre
          Our reason to be

In which case, you can find both tracks on Buried Treasures Vol 1, provided you can find a copy of that!

Run Jimmy Run was also an extra track on the b-side of the 12" single of Lady Eleanor '88, the re-recording released that year which featured the addition of Marty's flute to the arrangement. I offer that with caution, because on the 12", it titles the track Lost in Space, rather than Run Jimmy Run, and I haven't played the two (12" and BT1) back to back to see if there are any differences. Sleeve notes on BT1 say that Run Jimmy Run was originally recorded in 1987, and remixed in 1992 (the year of BT1's release). That would mean the original may be the same version as used for the 1988 12", but there may be (subtle/significant?) differences when listening to the remix.

The other b-side track was Meet Me On The Corner, being the only b-side track on the 7" version.

The 1987 album C'Mon Everybody also had new versions of Lady Eleanor (with flute) and MMOTC, on what was side 4 of the LP. I have no idea if these are the same recordings used for the Lady Eleanor '88 single release, though it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe the single release was inspired by the new recordings made for C'mon?



All I know are that the versions (which are on C'mon Everybody) released as a cd single

Code:
http://www.discogs.com/Lindisfarne-Lady-Eleanor-88/release/4697834
Mr Inbetween

Kirsty wrote:


All I know are that the versions (which are on C'mon Everybody) released as a cd single

Code:
http://www.discogs.com/Lindisfarne-Lady-Eleanor-88/release/4697834


I'd forgotten about the CD single of Lady Eleanor '88. Was it from C'Mon Everybody? Consider the evidence:

Party Doll was a single release (7" and 12") from C'Mon Everybody, and was labelled as such.

The single releases of Lady Eleanor '88 b/w MMOTC were not so labelled. However, the track Lady Eleanor '88 was produced by Steve Dagget, as was C'Mon Everybody, so it could well be the same version. The B-side MMOTC was produced by Bob Johnston, so presumably was the original rather than the C'Mon version. Lost in Space was produced by Steve Lipson, as was Sleepless Nights. As BT1 says Run Jimmy Run was recorded as part of the Sleepless Nights sessions, and the track on the CD single was produced by Steve Lipson, it seems likely that they are the same recording, or at least recorded at around the same time.

As the fourth track on the CD single release, Reason to Be, was also produced by Steve Lipson, as was the Finest Hour track on BT1, it's again reasonable to suppose they are the same song, recorded around the same time if not the same recording. So, that's two songs each with two different titles.

Anyway, my reference to C'Mon Everybody was a digression. I think by identifying that both Reason to Be and Run Jimmy Run are both tracks on the Lady Eleanor '8 CD single, you've answered your own question.
Kirsty

Mr Inbetween wrote:
Kirsty wrote:


All I know are that the versions (which are on C'mon Everybody) released as a cd single

Code:
http://www.discogs.com/Lindisfarne-Lady-Eleanor-88/release/4697834


I'd forgotten about the CD single of Lady Eleanor '88. Was it from C'Mon Everybody? Consider the evidence:

Party Doll was a single release (7" and 12") from C'Mon Everybody, and was labelled as such.

The single releases of Lady Eleanor '88 b/w MMOTC were not so labelled. However, the track Lady Eleanor '88 was produced by Steve Dagget, as was C'Mon Everybody, so it could well be the same version. The B-side MMOTC was produced by Bob Johnston, so presumably was the original rather than the C'Mon version. Lost in Space was produced by Steve Lipson, as was Sleepless Nights. As BT1 says Run Jimmy Run was recorded as part of the Sleepless Nights sessions, and the track on the CD single was produced by Steve Lipson, it seems likely that they are the same recording, or at least recorded at around the same time.

As the fourth track on the CD single release, Reason to Be, was also produced by Steve Lipson, as was the Finest Hour track on BT1, it's again reasonable to suppose they are the same song, recorded around the same time if not the same recording. So, that's two songs each with two different titles.

Anyway, my reference to C'Mon Everybody was a digression. I think by identifying that both Reason to Be and Run Jimmy Run are both tracks on the Lady Eleanor '8 CD single, you've answered your own question.


Think they are the Cmon tracks, but no where has the cd

       lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> THE MAIN MESSAGE BOARD
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum