lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Forum Index lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org
Celebrating the music of Lindisfarne and the extended Lindisfarne family

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly
LINE UP NEWS & EXTRA DATES FOR RAY JACKSON'S LINDISFARNE
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> THE MAIN MESSAGE BOARD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: LINE UP NEWS & EXTRA DATES FOR RAY JACKSON'S LINDISFARNE  Reply with quote

Ray Jackson announced today that LINDISFARNE are back ......permanently.

All six members of the new LINDISFARNE, (the 3rd line-up that Ray Jackson has founded in a career spanning over 40 years) are from Tyneside.

Ray Jackson’s LINDISFARNE will only be performing Christmas Shows this December in Newcastle, Teesside, Yorkshire and Humberside. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at all venues and on-line.

In 2014 Ray Jackson’s LINDISFARNE will be touring throughout the UK, appearing at concert halls and music festivals.  

Ray Jackson’s LINDISFARNE are:

Ray Jackson (from the original LINDISFARNE ......mandolin/harmonica/lead vocals)

Dave Hull-Denholm (from the 1990’s LINDISFARNE line-up ......guitars/lead vocals)

Paul Thompson (from Roxy Music .....known by Roxy Music fans worldwide as “The Great Paul Thompson”.......drums)

Ian Thomson (from the 1990’s LINDISFARNE line-up ......bass guitar/double bass/vocals)

Charlie Harcourt (from LINDISFARNE Mk 2 .......guitars/vocals)

Steve Daggett (toured and recorded with the (reformed in 1978) original line-up......guitars/keyboards/vocals)

Ray Jackson left LINDISFARNE 23 years ago, following the 1990 Christmas Concert Tour. The announcement, earlier this year, that Ray was to appear at Newcastle’s iconic City Hall on December 23rd in support of the campaign to save Newcastle City Hall (then under threat of closure), created queues outside the Box Office and news headlines. The show sold out in a record 6 hours. This, together with Ray Jackson performing for the first time ever with Dave Hull-Denholm at the July 2012 Alan Hull memorial plaque unveiling, proved the catalyst for today’s announcement.

Announcing a 3rd Christmas Show at Newcastle City Hall....on December 20th

Tickets for the 3rd and final Ray Jackson’s Legendary Lindisfarne Christmas Show at Newcastle City Hall this December go on sale tomorrow morning (14 May) from the Newcastle City Hall Box Office. The previous two City Hall Christmas shows on December 22nd/23rd are completely sold out. The final show will be on December 20th. There will be no further shows added after December 20th.

Announcing Christmas Shows this December in Middlesbrough, Harrogate and Hull

Fans in Teesside, North Yorkshire and Humberside will get a chance to see the new band when Ray Jackson’s Lindisfarne appear at Middlesbrough Town Hall (December 15th); Harrogate Royal Hall (December 16th) and Hull City Hall (December 17th). Tickets for Middlesbrough, Harrogate and Hull go on sale from tomorrow, May 14th. They will perform songs only from Lindisfarne’s best-selling 1970s chart albums….Nicely Out of Tune; Dingly Dell; Fog On The Tyne and Back and Fourth…a full show of the best loved Lindisfarne music with an interval and no support.

Ray Jackson said today, “When we first got together earlier this month to rehearse, it was absolutely amazing. It felt like the original LIndisfarne, only better. We are all looking forward to the Christmas shows and from 2014, to touring and performing at music festivals here and abroad. It is about time there was a permanent Lindisfarne band representing the North-East for fans old and new. I’ve got a few good years left in me and after that, there’s no reason why Lindisfarne should not live on with a new generation of great musicians and most certainly continue the tradition of the Lindisfarne Christmas Shows at Newcastle City Hall. Dave Hull-Denholm is one of the very few performers who could stand in Alan’s shoes and front Lindisfarne with me. As far as the Newcastle City Hall gigs are concerned, the other three members of the original line-up all know that they are welcome to take part in future years along with the new line-up.”

Barry McKay said today, “This is proving an incredible year for LINDISFARNE fans. First, the 40th anniversary vinyl edition of Fog On The Tyne was released, then there’s The Lindisfarne Story at Newcastle City Hall in June and in December, Ray Jackson’s Lindisfarne Christmas Shows. On top of this, 2014 is looking fantastic. Whatever next.....a hit record perhaps? Never say never!”

Last edited by Bob on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Kees Kortekaas

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I missed the first announcement. Just ordered my tickets for the 20th. Smile
Kind regards, Kees
steveyarwood

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit weird.
brian

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's weird Steve?
Charles Orr

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! Better start saving for next year's petrol usage... Really looking forward to December. Sort of mixed feelings on this one, but hope it goes well next year and hope I am convinced
Mick

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about mixed feelings - it's great that the Lindisfarne name is continuing and this seems like a good line up, with all the right Lindy credentials. But 'Ray Jackson's Lindisfarne' sounds a bit like those other bands that ended up having different versions of the band touring with a founder member's name at the front (e.g. Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash,  John Lees' Barclay James Harvest etc.)

And bearing in mind the recent comments from various 'camps' each distancing themselves from the others' shows, I hope it isn't indicative of a huge rift that can't be fixed.

But, having said all that, I really hope it works and of course, if they tour anywhere near me I'm first in line for a ticket! Very Happy
Dedicated Hound

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" It felt like the original LIndisfarne, only better. "

Did LRJ really say that? Unbelievable.
I feel like asking for a refund.
brian

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what Charles means but I felt the same way about the Lindisfarne Story. But all very good musicians and it's quite a coup to get Paul Thompson in on drums. I wonder if they will do one or two warm-up gigs this summer, as it sounds as if it is not going to be a one off for the Christmas shows.
Jim Henderson

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dedicated Hound wrote:
" It felt like the original LIndisfarne, only better. "

Did LRJ really say that? Unbelievable.
I feel like asking for a refund.

Reminds me of that episode of Alan Partridge where he says that Wings were "only the band The Beatles could have been"!
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some links here........

BBC NEWS (about 14 mins 40 seconds in)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/epis...h_East_and_Cumbria%29_13_05_2013/

CHRONICLE LIVE
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/ne...-back-together-first-time-3810948

THE NORTHERN ECHO
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/..._from_the_Fog_on_the_Tyne/?ref=nt

CLASSIC ROCK MAGAZINE
http://www.classicrockmagazine.co...jackson-launches-new-lindisfarne/

FESTIVALS FOR ALL
http://www.festivalsforall.com/ar...indisfarne-reunion-and-live-dates

KEYO.TV
http://www.kyeo.tv/2013/05/14/the...disfarne-and-why-you-should-care/

ANTI MUSIC
http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/...on_Launches_New_Lindisfarne.shtml

GET TO THE FRONT
http://gettothefront.co.uk/2013/05/tuesday-14th-may-onsales/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> THE MAIN MESSAGE BOARD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: