lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Forum Index lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org
Celebrating the music of Lindisfarne and the extended Lindisfarne family

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bass line
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> THE MAIN MESSAGE BOARD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tolkien42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Bass line  Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am trying to find anyone that has the bass lines for, Meet me on the corner, Run for home and Lady Elinor, new to bass and finding it hard to get them, please help someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I don't know if the exact lines are scored or tabbed anywhere... there is sheet music out there for these tunes, but I don't know how accurate the bass clef is to the electric bass.

I can kind-of help you with Meet me On the Corner though, 'cos someone asked me about it a couple of months back and I've still got the email I sent them.

Bear with me, 'cos my musical notation sucks to the point of non-existence.

Here's the verse from 'Hey Mr. Dreamseller....' to '...can you spare one dream for me?'  

It's basically one note per beat of the bar. All notes are down at the 1st octave, apart from 'E*' which is at the 2nd octave:

G / B / D / A / E* / B / D / A / C / G / D / A / G / B / D / A / C / G / D / A / G / F# / E / B / A / E* / D / E / G  

The intro that Jacka plays harp over is an abridged version of the above, and the second half of the verse is identical.

I hope this gets you started... let me know if you need the chorus written out and I'll try and get it done.. at some point. It's a bit odd, which some whacky chromatic runs...!

As for 'Run' and 'Eleanor', I would just listen to the parts and work out your own interpretation. They're great lines.
Craig Johnson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd completely agree with Michael, I'm more rythym guitar then bass (in fact until I'd heard Rod I thought the bass was completely irrelavent in a piece of music, how wrong I was!!). Anyway, just go on improvisation after listening to the tracks, it often produces the best work, the chords are available from the website, and good luck! Smile
tolkien42

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Bass Lines Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your swift reply, would be great if you could write it all out. Play lots of instruments but got stuck with 3 songs to do bass on, got the short straw lol
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tolkien42: If you want to email your postal address to me I will send you photocopies of the sheet music.
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Bass Lines Reply with quote

tolkien42 wrote:
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your swift reply, would be great if you could write it all out. Play lots of instruments but got stuck with 3 songs to do bass on, got the short straw lol

I've just realised - the bit I did above is in G and the recording is in A. I'm an eejit.

Rather than write it all out, I thought I'd open myself to all sorts of abuse and post this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U620kBKUBLA

It should be fairly easy to work out from that.

It sounds wrong on a fretted bass, mind...
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOOOO

HISSS

RUBBISH

GET HIM OFF!!

Very Happy
Craig Johnson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not half bad Michael Very Happy hope you realise you're gonna have to post videos of you doing the rest of Lindisfarne's catalogue now  Wink
Craig Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Winter Song? Reply with quote

Just been thinking about the bass lines, and the fact I'm doing Winter Song in a couple of weeks. Anyone got a rough idea of the bass, just I've got a mate who plays the bass. I know the basic tab for the verse, just when it gets to the chorus. Maybe another video Michael?
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter Song? Hmm.. I'm definitely not writing that one down!

Winter Song is tricky, 'cos the bass and the guitar are so closely connected. If the guitar misses the odd change out, the bass sounds sooo wrong...

If I get a chance, I'll stick a vid up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> THE MAIN MESSAGE BOARD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: