lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Forum Index lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org
Celebrating the music of Lindisfarne and the extended Lindisfarne family

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAY JACKSON'S LEGENDARY LINDISFARNE XMAS SHOW - EXTRA DATE
Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> THE MAIN MESSAGE BOARD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: RAY JACKSON'S LEGENDARY LINDISFARNE XMAS SHOW - EXTRA DATE  Reply with quote

Ray Jackson, whose unique mandolin, harmonica and vocal styles helped create the original sound of Lindisfarne in 1970, is returning to Newcastle City Hall next Christmas with Ray Jackson’s Legendary Lindisfarne Christmas Show.

Ray Jackson last performed with the original Lindisfarne, along with the late Alan Hull, Rod Clements, Ray Laidlaw and Si Cowe some 20 years ago.

On December 23rd 2013 Newcastle City Hall’s audience can swing together again to Ray Jackson’s faithful recreation of the original 1970s Christmas Show.....complete with decorated stage, Santa compare.....party hats....sword dancers.....the original organ overture.....and nothing but songs from the original band’s best selling 1970’s chart albums....Nicely Out of Tune; Dingly Dell; Fog On The Tyne and Back and Fourth...a full show of original Lindisfarne music with an interval, no support and with part of the audience on the stage itself.

Mr Peter Brennan, City Hall Manager said today, “When Ray Jackson walked on to the stage back in 2005 towards the end of The Hull Story memorial concert, the response from the City Hall audience nearly lifted the roof off. When I saw Ray Jackson performing outside the City Hall last July at the memorial plaque unveiling, I told Barry McKay that Ray should be performing inside, on the City Hall stage at Christmas and wondered if this could be a possibility. Barry said that Ray Jackson had turned down all approaches and that it would never happen. Well....it’s happening next Christmas and....with the original promoter whose ideas turned into the most successful shows the City Hall has ever seen.”

Barry McKay has revealed that news of the recent threat to the Newcastle City Hall site has spread across the live concert industry prompting Newcastle City Hall manager Peter Brennan, to take the unprecedented step of contacting him and other promoters who have presented shows at the City Hall in the past, explaining the situation and asking for support, “I hope everyone will help by continuing to support the City Hall and bring more bookings to us in 2013 and beyond. Please share this email with as many people as possible to spread the word that the City Hall is not going anywhere, except onward and upward to the future!”

Barry McKay received this email from Peter Brennan even though he had not promoted a concert at the City Hall (or anywhere else) for over a quarter of a century. Barry explains, “I then remembered a comment Peter Brennan made to me on July 19th when he saw Ray Jackson performing on a stage outside the City Hall for the unveiling of Alan Hull’s memorial plaque, when he told me, “Ray Jackson really should be appearing on the stage inside, at Christmas.” I told Peter at the time that it would never happen. On that emotional day in July 2012, we had no reason to suspect that within months the future of the city hall site would be in question.”

“Ray Jackson has asked me to come out of retirement for one last extravaganza recreating the Christmas Show the way he wants to do it. Whether they are going to be performing, making a guest appearance or just enjoying the show, Ray Jackson is also inviting everyone who has ever performed in a Lindisfarne line-up to save the date.”

Ray Jackson has said in a recent interview, “A huge effort will go into this event and into ensuring that the audience enjoy the wonderful Newcastle City Hall Christmas Show party atmosphere. When I heard that the future of the City Hall was uncertain, I realised how much I wanted to do this just one more time for the original Lindisfarne fans and their children and perhaps even their grandchildren. The Christmas Shows were more than concerts...they were a seasonal event and one of Newcastle’s Christmas highlights. The City Hall was always Lindisfarne’s favourite venue and the City Hall audiences were the best in the world. Barry McKay added, “Planning a one-off three hour show is quite a task for everyone involved and I’m thrilled to be the honorary promoter. For me this is a labour of love.”

Tickets can be purchased via this link: http://newcastlecityhall.org/even...ksons-lindisfarne-christmas-show/

Video and Ray Jackson interview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-21346612

Daily Express feature: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/vi...ck-Lindisfarne-shows-to-Newcastle

Last edited by Bob on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:43 am; edited 2 times in total
marty53

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this comes about it should be a really great event and bring back memories of Xmas shows I went to ( when I was younger and single !! ) For those of us who won't be able to attend I hope a dvd will be made available.
Kirsty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woul;d have loved to hav seen
Kirsty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirsty wrote:
I woul;d have loved to hav seen

If there is a prior show/extra show let me know
brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just keep a lookout on the city hall website and on this forum I personally tink there will be at least one more show as the nearest show before this one is 10days previous and the speed this one sold would warrant a second date
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: EXTRA DATE Reply with quote

Tickets for the first show sold out yesterday within hours of going on sale. Today the City Hall have been inundated with hundreds of calls for tickets for the sold out show. We are now able to announce a second show:

Announcing a second date for Ray Jackson’s Legendary Lindisfarne Christmas Show on December 22nd 2013 at 7.30pm at Newcastle City Hall.

Tickets go on sale for December 22nd 2013 at 10am Friday February 8th from the Newcastle City Hall Box Office.

Mick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'll be able to go, but has there been any announcement regarding which musicians will be playing with Jacka?
PayasoDeMierda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 2 tickets for the extra Sunday gig, which will (I'm sure) be 37 years to the day since I first saw Lindisfarne.

Life comes full circle.

I'm actually rather emotional at the thought of seeing first Neil Young & then as close to Lindisfarne as I could ever expect to see in the same year.....
Mr Inbetween

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Not that I'll be able to go, but has there been any announcement regarding which musicians will be playing with Jacka?

OK, let's start the speculation. On the basis that Jacka is inviting anyone who has played with Lindisfarne:

Most likely to be there:
Charlie Harcourt, Ray Laidlaw, Billy Mitchell

Almost certainly won't be there:
Rod Clements

Would  like to see there:
Si Cowe

May be there:
Steve Cunningham

Would be better if he wasn't there:
Ah....you don't trip me up that easily. I maintain a diplomatic silence on that one.
Mr Inbetween

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and here's a couple of related links I found on the interweb:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nort...wcastle-city-hall-61634-32760985/

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/...w_at_Newcastle_City_Hall/?ref=rss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lindisfarnechat.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> THE MAIN MESSAGE BOARD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: